Very short background to this post: I was
admitted to the gen hosp psych ward very early Friday morning because I was
very suicidal, so this is my third day on the unit.
Just finished my second breakfast in two days... I feel terribly
bloated and fat. It was a cheese omelette (2 eggs & equiv about 1
thin slice cheese), a banana, half a cup of 1% milk, and then my decaf
coffee with whitener and milk in it. I feel more guilty about the coffee
than anything else... I shouldn't be letting myself have whitener that
comes to 45 cals for ONE tablespoon. That's the way you're gonna get
fat, Niika, the anorexia voice taunts in my head. All those extras.
Not to mention all that FOOD. And you're not even on protocol. You
disgusting, horrible pig.
It's a constant presence in my head, that voice... I feel very much
like the ED is controlling me now, rather than me controlling it. I'm
walking slowly up and down the one hall obscured from general nursing
view and the girl here who's actually on protocol and is sitting down
eating right now... not to get rid of cals so much as to try and keep my
mind off this awful sense of fullness. Doing something else that
involves my body detracts from the stomach sensations. And if I
concentrate too much on how full I am, breakfast is going to go down the
toilet just like supper did last night :/.
I FUCKING HATE THAT I HAVE TO FIGHT THIS ALONE. I shouldn't have to
do this alone!! It's not that I want to be on protocol... I hate
protocol too... but my ED is terrible right now and I've told the
nursing staff this multiple times, but they don't seem to care at all.
And then last night the nurse was all "but [the ED] is not what you're
here for". This same nurse, by the way, was the one I told last night
that the ED feeds into and partly causes my depression, so if they
actually want to adequately treat my mood disorder they have to treat
the ED too. But nobody fucking listens around here.
Tbh I'm starting to panic now. I might have to go get Ativan. This
is just too much... too much to deal with alone... but I feel horridly
guilty for purging. Plus I actually told them last night that I purged,
so now they might pay more attention if I'm in a bathroom with water
running. FUCK MY FUCKING LIFE I HATE THIS SHIT.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment