Saturday, April 08, 2006

Take I, Day 1

Today was a bit of a worse day than I had anticipated, as Dad took me out for McDonald's for lunch today, and I couldn't start buying Happy Meals AND getting Diet Coke at the same time. I don't want this whole transition thing to look any weirder than it has to. At least I got the diet coke, though... saved myself a few calories. Even so, I've gone over 1000 already today. For tonight I predict: Lots of Diet Pepsi (it only has 4 calories in the whole bottle), water, and stuff like apples, oranges, cauliflower, and carrots -- negative calorie foods. Although this site is stupid and says I got 86 calories for an orange. Maybe I should just remove the damned orange from the list. Yes, that sounds like a good idea.

I was at the grocery store with Mom and Dad today and got a couple more cans of soup (not that we needed any, as I was to discover when I got home and found five cans in the pantry) and two cans of Heinz spaghetti, which has -way- less calories than Chef Boyardee. Random fact of the day: Did you know that Bob the Builder spaghetti has 10 less calories than all the other Heinz spaghetti? Fact. I thought that was really funny, and, of course, random. Got me a can of that and a can of Simpsons. Less than 250 in the whole can, I think -- haven't been able to calculate the actual caloric value of the entire can.

Some good things to eat are going to include dry Corn Flakes (well, maybe I'll add a painstakingly measured amount of milk), possibly some Quaker oatmeal with water instead of milk (140 for the apple cinnamon!), tropicana orange juice w/ calcium (110 calories per 250mL), and, surprisingly, a Napoli mini pizza is not bad, either (180 cals). And by "good" I do, of course, mean "calorie low". I wanted to buy Diet Coke instead of Diet Pepsi, but Mom was like, "What if Leanne comes over? She'll want some. Blah blah blah." So I let her buy the Pepsi instead of Coke... for now. But I plan to make the switch to Coke when this bottle is gone. Why drink 4 calories per bottle when it's just as easy not to? I mean, I know 4 calories isn't that much... but it could add up, especially considering the amount of soda I drink. :$

So, to sum up: Today wasn't as good as I expected, but some things must be sacrificed to keep up appearances. Tomorrow I can start restricting for real -- I think.

I think it's time for some water, followed by some Diet Pepsi. Stupid grumbling stomach.

No comments: